The SLASH-D design program uses information the typical heating contractor is accustomed to acquiring to automatically:
- Analyze and compare the available solar resource to the amount of heat needed
- Model the solar resource available at different collector tilts and orientations and recommend the best array size and tilt
- Produce a schematic for the complete piping system and detailed diagrams for each subsystem
- Generate a detailed parts list for the installer
- Deliver an installation manual for the system
AND Output of a file used by the SLIC system controller, so that at system start-up, the SLIC automatically operates the system with no programming needed.